In keeping with the spirit of the 1996 Olympic Games, Centennial Olympic Park continues to offer unique and fulfilling volunteer opportunities. Park volunteers play a vital role in preserving Centennial Olympic Park’s legacy and donate the gift of community service to ensure everyone has a memorable visit. Volunteer schedules are flexible and available seven days a week. Get involved and volunteer today!
The Park has the following positions available:
- Information Desk Attendant – Volunteers are needed at the Park’s Information Desk, located in the Visitor Center, to greet the Park’s many guests from all over the world. Volunteers help provide visitors with a fun and lasting Park experience, answer questions, provide information about the Park and downtown Atlanta and sell Park merchandise. All volunteers receive an orientation with the Volunteer Coordinator and must be at least 18 years of age for this position.
- Beautification Projects – Landscaping and clean-up projects are held throughout the year and range from planting shrubbery and flowers to weeding and mulching. The park supplies volunteers with bottled water, gloves and any necessary tools.
- Farmers Market – Every second and fourth Saturday
from 9:00a.m. – 1:00p.m., June through September, the Park hosts our annual Park Market. Our farmers market encourages a sustainable downtown Atlanta community by providing visitors and locals with direct access to farmers and agricultural businesses of Georgia. With local farmers, bakers and artisans present, there is something for every shopper. Volunteers will guide vendors to their spaces and assist with light set-up and break-down and provide Park
Market information to inquiring visitors at the Park Market Information Booth.
Volunteers will distribute lists of vendors to visitors, collect E-mail
addresses for Park Market updates and allow visitors to take short surveys.
- 4th of July Celebration – Participate in Atlanta’s largest Independence Day Celebration by helping children make crafts, distributing programs and staffing the lost parents’ tent.
- Holiday in Lights – An Atlanta holiday tradition enjoyed by both locals and visitors to the city, Holiday in Lights runs November to January in conjunction with Atlanta’s only outdoor ice skating rink. Volunteers are needed to help string lights on the shrubbery throughout the Park to create the enormous display known as Holiday in Lights. Individual volunteers are welcome or you can share the experience by volunteering as a group. Make it a celebratory outing by volunteering with family, friends, co-workers, church groups or civic organizations.
For more information about volunteering at Centennial Olympic Park, please contact the Volunteer Coordinator at 404.223.4412 or apply online.